We aim to manage personal information in an open and transparent way.
Our goal is to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to implement practices, procedures and systems relating to our functions and activities that will ensure that we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, and as will enable us to deal with inquiries or complaints from individuals about our compliance.
When things change, tell us
We often collect personal details about you, for example your contact details.
If you think our records are wrong or out of date - particularly your mobile or email - it’s important that you contact us. They will be corrected free of charge.
It is a condition of the relationship we have with you that you must provide to us in a timely way all information that we reasonably request or which you suspect that we should know to perform our functions, and this includes regarding your identity, the source or use of invested moneys and your tax status.
Why is personal information collected
Broadly, AIPX uses personal information you provide to provide services, to the client and to those responsible for the investments and services we have referred that client to, but also for related purposes, for example to:
- make the use of our web site easier
- contact investors and their advisers
- liaise with those responsible for the investments and services we have referred that client to
- comply with legal obligations and
- conduct research.
We also use personal information for other reasons such as:
- monitoring, evaluating and improving products and services
- statistical, actuarial, prudential or research applications and
- to provide clients with information about other investments and services.
If a person does not provide us with information we (or others) ask for, we (or others) may not be able to have or keep them as a client.
How we collect
There are several ways we collect personal and other information but we aim to ensure they are lawful and fair means:
- when a person becomes a client
- when a person applies to invest or use the services of someone we refer them to
- when the person otherwise tells us,
- through our or a service provider’s website.
Those who we refer you to may pass personal information on to us - it depends on their privacy policies – if we receive it, we are entitled to assume it is properly given without enquiry.
What we collect
Personal information collected includes the following:
- name, gender and date of birth
- contact details
- bank account details
- TFNs and ABNs
- employment information
- details of your investors and beneficiaries
- details of the source and use of money you invest
- use details for our website
- information contemplated by laws and regulator, settlement system or exchange policies and requests, and
- any other information that we consider necessary or desirable.
Because of the requirements of law, it is impracticable for us to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym.
Disclosure of personal information
We will seek to ensure that your personal information is not used or disclosed for any purpose other than:
- the primary purpose for which it was collected
- or a purpose that is related to the primary purpose for which it was collected or a related secondary purpose,
- to assist those responsible for the investments and services we have referred you to
- where you have otherwise consented to the use or disclosure, or
- in other circumstances where the Australian Privacy Principles authorise the use or disclosure such as when it is required by or authorised under law.
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you unless:
- this policy allows,
- we consider someone needs the information
- typically because they are a regulator or someone responsible for the investments and services we have referred you to,
- laws or regulator, settlement system or exchange policy requires, or a regulator, settlement system or exchange requests and
- to administer your account.
- Those we disclose personal information to include:
- those responsible for the investments and services we have referred you to
- regulators, settlement system or exchanges
- your financial or other adviser,
- those we have no reason to doubt are acting on your behalf,
- companies with our group, and
- those who help us provide products and services to you
for example, distributors, superannuation fund trustees, insurance brokers, insurance companies, fund managers, custodians, fund administrators, mailing houses and auditors or someone responsible for the investments and services we have referred you to.
In the case of joint clients, we allow each individual access to all account information excluding personal information of the other individual.
What about security?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept secure. We have a number of physical access and technology policies and procedures in place designed to provide a robust security environment as does the Trustee.
The Internet is not a secure place
We use the internet in providing g services, including that information about you may be stored in remote server locations often known as “the cloud”.
If stored overseas, different privacy and other standards may apply there. The internet does not however always result in a secure information environment. We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure and protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. Although we take steps we consider reasonable to protect your information, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security.
We may use "cookies" to obtained information with regards to web site activity such as the type of browser used, the number of pages viewed and navigation patterns. This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does provide us with statistics that can help us with design of the web site. You can configure your browser to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies you may not be able to use our web site.
No personal data is stored on our web site.
Links to other web sites
This web site may contain links to other web sites for your convenience. We are not responsible for the information handling and privacy policies and practices of other linked web sites.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for training, record or security purposes. If we do so, we will tell you at the time.
Changes to handling and privacy practices
Access to personal information
In most circumstances, you have the right to access any personal information we collect and hold about you and to have it corrected if it is wrong.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below if you wish to access or update your personal information, or if you have a complaint about how we have handled your details.
We may take and may act (or not act as relevant) on any advice, information and documents which we have no reason to doubt as to authenticity, accuracy or genuineness.